But there are many other habits, and as long as you remain blind to them, you have much less of a chance of doing something about them in order to improve your life.
Some of those habits that you may not think of as habits are (and there are many others):
- filling in a silence with unnecessary words just to fill it in
- telling yourself you don't have time to exercise because you have so much work to do
- smoking when you don't really want the cigarette
- drinking a bit too much on the weekends, because that is what you do
- not being observant as you walk down the street, with the resultant unawareness of the beauty around you
- always wanting more rather than finding joy in what you have
- telling yourself that the reason you fly off the handle is because "I'm like that and I can't change anything about that"
What a difference to your life if you only change the one that makes you aware of the beauty around you on a daily basis ... beauty that you are determined to find, no matter where you are, no matter what the season and no matter what the weather ... this is another step towards freedom, and you can go there simply by choosing to do so and then begin by consciously choosing to take a small step in that direction every day.