We all know that our normal first-aid kits requires items such as gauze, iodine, antibiotic cream, aspirin, etc., but we generally don't look at the well-being of the rest of ourselves - the mind and the spirit - as requiring an equally (if not much more) important first-aid kit.
- when you have a headache, you may take a nap, take an aspirin, or rub a slice of lime over your forehead
- when you're running a slight temperature, you may take an aspirin
- when you step on a rusty nail, you will either wash the wound with hydrogen peroxide and apply anti-biotic cream, or you'll make an appointment to get a tetanus shot
- when you have diarrhea, you eat some bananas, or have some anti-diarrhea medication
- you're feeling low
- your best friend has betrayed you
- you've been down-sized
- the gray, damp weather is driving you to distraction
- your spouse/partner has given you a weird look and you know, judging by that feeling in the pit of your tummy, that something is going on
- have some of it in place, because you've explored it, worked with it, done it and felt the effect it has on you at good times
- begin one or more of it immediately when you notice something is going on. In the same way that you know that if you don't get the tetanus shot in time, there may be more serious consequences, so you should also take on board, that if you don't undertake to do something about your inner state immediately, there may be more serious consequences.
Related Posts: (the first post below is so related, that you owe it to yourself to read it!!!)
- Keeping Your Energy High (you will need to sign in on my web site in order to gian access to this article)
- The Energy Barometer: Make Your Mind-Body Connection Work For You
Photo Credit: EM/SM