Here are the highlights (each point is explained in detail in the article):
How to Build and Maintain Healthy Bones
- Be physically active.
- Eat mineral-rich foods on a regular basis.
- Consider drinking mineral-rich broths on a regular basis.
- Ensure adequate vitamin D status.
- Eat high quality fats and cholesterol.
- Learn how to effectively manage emotional stress.
- Avoid regular consumption of foods that may cause your bones to lose calcium
- Regularly eat foods that are rich in vitamin C.
Dr. Ben Kim ends the article with this thought-provoking paragraph:
I hope that this article makes it clear that your bones are active organs that are slowly supported or eroded by every food and lifestyle choice that you make. Addressing osteoporosis with a calcium supplement or drug without regard for your overall health will not allow you to build and maintain the healthiest bones that your genetics and upbringing will allow. If you have been diagnosed with osteoporosis, please be encouraged by this article; weakened bones can become healthy again if you consistently make the right choices in the days ahead.
Read the entire article here.
Photo: Oman - Musandam Peninsula